What Is Ngā Mihi?
Ngā Mihi is an expression of gratitude and love for our frontline health and essential workforces.
What is it all about?
It’s been a challenging time – made easier by those who have been working tirelessly behind the scene to look after the health and wellbeing of our whānau and communities. We want to recognise and celebrate these people by demonstration our gratitude, appreciation and love.
What are we looking to achieve?
- We want to demonstrate our gratitude, appreciate and love
- We want to collect 1,000 messages of love and share them with Aotearoa, New Zealand
- We want these stories to reach into the home of 100,000 whānau
What Can I Do?
- You can create a “Ngā Mihi” to our frontline workforces and essential workers
- You can share your “Ngā Mihi” through your social media network
- You can stay connected to “Ngā Mihi” for upcoming events, competition and celebrations
Who is Te Rau Ora?
Te Rau Ora is a National Māori Provider with a mission to transform the Māori Health Workforce.
Te Rau Ora is the National Centre for Māori Health Workforce Development and host of the National Centre for Māori Suicide Prevention. Since 2002, the organisation has had the privilege of supporting Māori aspirations for health and wellbeing. We achieve by enabling and supporting locally led solutions through evidence base, education, training and support.
Visit our website for more information on our programmes and support.